Hey Sugar Stars ,
2015 has been a roller coaster like every other year.
- My Grandma died, I said I’ll see her after I graduate but she didn’t even get to see me Graduate.
- I became dependent on others for my happiness (Family , Friends , Boyfriend)
- My relationship with God was weak . I ignored all his signs and made decisions without consulting him.
- Sitting behind a desk is not for me . It makes me depressed (work life ).
- I graduated , my sister graduated, my brother is in University and my sister is in college. I am a proud big sister 🙂
- I’m so blessed to have a friend like SY ( she’s basically my sister ).
- Let go and move on….
- It’s sad it took my Grandma’s death to make me realise the importance of family . This year I started to speak to my cousin . I love her so much and I want our relationship to continue to grow.
- I’m learning to depend on myself to be happy. If I am happy I can be a better friend , sister , daughter , girlfriend and eventually a better wife. ( Take care of myself before I take care of others).
- Talk to God everyday ! Do not ignore his signs . God puts you in certain situations because you can handle it , but if you put yourself in those situations without consulting him first you won’t be able to handle it when problems arise.
- I’m going on a journey to find myself. Travel , explore !! I have to be grateful for my opportunities , so I don’t fall back into depression. I have a job , people who love me , shelter and income. Most of all I have God in my life . “In all situations give thanks “.
- Instead of holding onto things and ignoring signs by God just let go. ” Dear Sugar A , I love you but I have to love me more . I’m the most important person to me . I need to take care of me first”.
- Be glad for the highs and the lows in your life. Without lows you would not appreciate the highs. I learnt so much and I am still learning . I learnt how to fall in love (Eros love) even though I never thought I’ll experience that. I’m not afraid to fall in love , I’m not afraid of the idea of being with someone forever because you gave me the reason not to. Thank you .
Nothing is permanent , things keep changing . Ecclesiastes 3 is my favourite verse in the bible. I’m not scared to make changes anymore (even if its painful) . Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t achieve your aims next year just make new ones.
“There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.”
See you in 2016 🙂
I will rise , you will rise . We are all superstars.